Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brave Then ... Braves Now

Ok so this post is out of order of sequence of events... but this is a fun post and a new tradition. 

As many of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter know that Shane and I went to Atlanta and Chattanooga this weekend.   Friday was exactly one year since I was released from The Shepherd Center Inpatient Rehab.  I celebrated this anniversary by a visit to the Shepherd Center.   This was awesome I got to see a lot of the people who took extra special care of me: Darvin, Paul, Jo, Megan, Katie, Dyan, Sheila, and even the happiest custodian I've ever met who's name is also Jo. 

Everyone recognized me right away and were blown away by how much I have improved.  They also couldn't believe that it had been a year.

Two days before I got out of inpatient, so August 14, I had the privilege to go on an outing to a Braves game.  For those of you that do not know I am a DIE-HARD Atlanta Braves Fan!  This was right up my alley!  So I thought It was only right that I also commemorate this as well with a Braves game.  Who am I kidding I NEVER need an excuse to go to a Braves game, especially if I'm in Atlanta.

We had a great time but got a little wet at the beginning but who cares I was I was at Turner Field!  Even better the Braves beat their new rival the Washington Nationals!

No comments:

Post a Comment